Google Need Another Holiday: Putting the Boutique into B&B in Verona, Italy

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Putting the Boutique into B&B in Verona, Italy

This trip was booked solely by Need Another Holiday. All opinions are completely my own.


I’ve stayed in B&B accommodation before, but so far only in the UK. Consequently, I decided it was time to try out Bed and Breakfast style elsewhere, and the city of Verona was the place to start!

My decision to look for a B&B on this trip was partially driven by the hope it would keep costs down (it did), but I  also had a wish to stay somewhere that would feel more personal and authentic than a hotel. 

I wasn’t disappointed.

B&B Santo Stefano was located right across the road from the Ponte Pietra bridge and a stone’s throw from the ruins of the Roman Theatre. It was a key location, steps away from amazing photo opportunities and although about a ten minute walk from the central Piazza Bra and the Roman Arena, there were several wonderful eateries and cafe bars nearby.

But what won me over more than anything, was the care and attention to detail that had been devoted to the design and standards of the B&B itself.

Having only three rooms meant complete peace. Perfect after a day of pounding the marble pavements of Verona! No paper thin walls and hearing other guests plodding into their rooms in the wee small hours; no chit-chat from the corridor. And as the owner, Luca, lived on a separate floor, you didn’t feel like you were intruding in someone’s home. 

In fact, the feeling of freedom from having your own set of keys made it seem like your own temporary home; more so than when you stay in a much bigger hotel.  All this made it a great base for a busy city break.


As for the room itself? Well, it felt more like a Boutique Hotel than a B&B! Not least because of the underfloor heating and uber-chic bathroom...



And then there were the facilities and refreshments...



Complete with Nespresso machine (well, you can't start the day without an espresso in Italy)!
There was nothing lacking at all. And the free wifi was great. All in all, I was more than happy with my accommodation choice.

So...

Would I recommend this place? 
You bet!

Luca was a wonderful and welcoming host and it was a pleasure to sleep on a genuinely comfy bed in genuinely stunning surroundings. Not to mention the great Italian breakfast served right to your room at a time to suit!

Will I stay in more B&Bs?
Definitely!

Sometimes I’ll still want to have the easy amenities of a hotel, including a 24 hour reception (and a bar for a nightcap), but there’ll also be times I’ll prefer to choose the cosy, homely feel of a B&B instead. I’ll do my Trip Advisor research, as always, and hopefully next time I’ll find somewhere just as fabulous as B&B Santo Stefano in Verona.


Have you had any B&B experiences, good or bad? Please let me know in the comments! I love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment